Our Journey Home

Thursday, March 8, 2012

A love letter

One night last week, Wubs was having a hard time falling asleep. I went into the kid's bedroom to check on them, and Emma Grace was still awake, nearly an hour after we had put everyone to sleep. David and I had just popped some popcorn, and he was studying. I had a fun idea, so I whispered to Wubs, "Baby, I was eating popcorn with daddy but I think we really need some help. It's too much for us! Do you think you'd like to come with me and be my helper?" Her entire face lit up! She literally jumped right out of bed and joined me in the kitchen for a late (9pm) night snack! We read two books and talked and giggled. It was a sweet time, alone with our big girl! I could tell Wubs was enjoying herself very much and she went to bed about thirty minutes later, just as happy as could be.
The next day, I received this sweet love letter! I asked Wub's permission to post it on our blog and she was happy to allow me to share it with you. Her letter blessed my heart so much, and I really believe that she wrote me this letter because of our special time together the night before. She loves quality time, just like her momma! I was excited about the way she spelled all the words phonetically, and also how she compared me to a puppy, a sweet rose, and a butterfly. Very creative! wink. I am definately keeping this precious letter from our six year old. What a treasure!
"Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near."-Phillipians 4:5

1 comment: