Our Journey Home

Monday, March 19, 2012

My boo boo eye

When I woke up last Friday morning, I had terrible eye pain and sensitivity to light. I tried hard to go about our daily routine, hoping it would just go away if I didn't wear my contact lenses, but it was no use. I needed to go to the eye doctor. The girls were very concerned about "Mommy's boo boo eye". (This is what Bella officially named my 'condition'. wink.) David was so sweet; he drove me and he entertained our children in the waiting room while the doctor worked me into the schedule. It turned out that I had an ulcer in my cornea. An ulcer in my eye?? Unfortunately, it sounds about as fun as it feels. I am using prescription eye drops and I have to go back to the eye doctor tomorrow to be re-evaluated. However, a yucky eye hasn't been keeping us from enjoying this b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l spring weather! We have been outside a lot and we even took a trip to our favorite park. The girls played at the park with their friend, Charlee, who happens to be our next door neighbor! It was such a fun surprise to see our neighbors at the park and enjoy some time outside of our cul-de-sac together!
"Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."- Matthew 5:7-8

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your eye. Sounds very painful and annoying. Hopefully, it will clear up soon.
    I must say, my own eyes teared up a bit when I saw our favoritist pool in the background of your park pictures. Oh, how I'm gonna miss that place and all of our special friends, the lifeguards, there.

    ReplyDelete