Our Journey Home

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Tooth Fairy loves McDonalds!

Emma Grace lost another tooth! She was really excited. Unfortunately, I was not prepared- er, I mean, the tooth fairy was not prepared. Emma Grace lost her tooth at about 9pm and we didn't have any cash on hand, or any special treats stashed away. Hmmmm. What to do, what to do! I didn't really want to make a late night trip to the store but I also didn't want two disappointed little girls. (Bella has also been getting treats from the tooth fairy when Emma Grace loses a tooth.She encourages Emma Grace to wiggle, wiggle, wiggle those little teeth! wink!) God gave me a little idea so I got out the markers, glue, and construction paper. A tooth fairy ticket was created!When the girls woke up, they were t.h.r.i.l.l.e.d!!! McDonalds is a favorite at our house, especially when it's not just the dollar menu choices, but Happy Meals with TOYS! Emma Grace, who doesn't really believe in the tooth fairy but enjoys pretending, whispered, "Mommy, I don't think this is gonna work. I don't think we can really use this for a Happy Meal." I promised her it would work, but she was still a bit leery about it. "I just don't want you to go to jail..." I giggled and I promised her that I wouldn't go to jail. I told her that when Bella wasn't looking, I would also use some dollars along with our ticket. She gave me a thumbs up! When we got to McDonalds, we stopped for one more picture with our tickets!




Right now, the toys featured inside Happy Meals are from Build a Bear. As soon as we entered McDonalds, the girls ran over to the Build a Bear toy display to daydream about all the possibilities. I waited in line and when I got up to the front I whispered to the kind employee, "Could you please help me with something? Can you play along with me?" She smiled with curiousity and nodded. I called the girls over, "Girls, you need to give her your Tooth Fairy tickets now! It's time to order." Then, while Emma Grace and Bella were standing by my side, I explained to the employee, "The tooth fairy came to our house last night and left us tickets for Happy Meals! She knows how much we love McDonalds and she likes it when we eat foods that are healthy for our teeth!" The sweet, sweet woman behind the counter played right along and accepted our tickets, took our order, and made conversation with the girls while I discretely ran my debit card! It was so fun! It was cute because several of the McDonald's employees came over to look at the tickets and talk with us. When we got home, Bella said, "I hope the tooth fairy will give us 'Cheeseburger Happy Meal tickets again next time!" Yum!




"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."- Romans 15:13



4 comments:

  1. Your tooth fairy rocks! I'm putting in a request for her to come to our house next time a tooth falls out of someone's mouth!
    Your blog looks B-U-Tful! I love the vintage fun of it. And the pic of JJ with the donut smile is precious! I miss you Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so, so fun! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had your creativity - my kids probably wish that, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete