Our Journey Home

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Homeschool activity: Poppin' Up Promises

Yesterday we worked on a project that was all about God's promises! I started our activity by asking the girls if they have ever broken a promise. I confessed to Wubs and Bella that I have broken my promises. I don't ever mean to make a promise that I cannot keep, but I'm not perfect. No one is perfect. Well... except for Jesus. Jesus is perfect, and when He makes a promise, He won't ever break it. Then I asked the girls to think of some of the promises that God has made, promises that we can trust will never be broken. We constructed popcorn boxes, popped some delicious popcorn, colored, glued, and wrote their answers on pieces of 'popcorn'. We had some great conversations about God's promises and our favorite Bible stories, and when we were done, our refridgerator had a new display! It was a lot of fun!
"Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to who we must give account."- Hebrews 4:13

2 comments:

  1. Great activity! The kids are so sweet sitting at the table! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun!!! You are such a creative Mommy!

    ReplyDelete