Our Journey Home

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

just like a little purple crayon

While I was helping the girls tidy up after homeschool the other day, I noticed that our purple crayon was the 'most loved' crayon in the box. wink. It was worn down, the paper torn, and it much smaller than the rest. But the purple crayon was in this condition for a reason... it was being used  (and used) by the artist!
Sometimes I can feel like that our little purple crayon. I can feel so small when the responsibilities of being a child of God, a wife, and a mommy seem so big. However, my Father reminds me that He is using me! God is using me for His purposes, and in the process, I am being refined. My edges are (slowly) getting smoother! My children could choose any crayon in the box, yet they choose the purple one; God could have chosen anyone to be David's wife or to be the mother of Wubs, Bella, and JJ... and yet, He chose me.  He loves me and He chose me- He has called me by name. I am so very very grateful and humbled by the love of Christ. 



ps- Wubs built this tree lego house all.by.herself! She amazes me!!

"Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men,"- Ephesians 6:7

1 comment:

  1. I just love how the Lord places Big reminders all around us..your heart is so tender to see such things.

    ReplyDelete