Our Journey Home

Friday, January 11, 2013

never a dull moment-wink!

On New Year's Day, we spent the day enjoying time together as a family. It was a wonderful! We ran a few errands late in the afternoon, and when we arrived home, it was beginning to rain. Wubs, Bella, and I ran into the house while David got JJ out of his carseat. I  walked inside and flipped the light switch in the kitchen because our house was dark. Then, something flew so close to my head, my hair moved. I screamed! Wubs and Bella began  screaming, too! We ran out of the kitchen just as daddy and JJ were coming inside.
"A bird! A real bird is flying around out kitchen!" I stammered, while the girls nervously giggled.
"Mommy made me scream!" Bella laughed.
"What? How did a bird get in our kitchen?" David was already headed to the kitchen to have a look as I ushered the three children into their bedroom and told them to keep their door shut. We were all giggling at this point!
Sure enough, a sparrow was flying around our kitchen, perching on top of our cabinets. (Apparently, the little birdie who enjoyed sitting in our Christmas wreath on our front door flew inside our house, while we were loading up the car before running our errands. What a sneaky little fella!) David had me close the doors to all the other rooms, while he figured out a way to catch the bird. I don't know who was more nervous about the situation, me or the bird! ha ha!
Luckily, we have a decorative tree in our kitchen. After what seemed like a long time-but it was really only 5 minutes- the bird sat in the tree. David slowly picked up the entire tree and took it out to our back deck. David saved the day! My hero!!!
ps- And if you were wondering, yes, that naughty bird did leave a few 'treasures' in our house. YUCK! wink. Below are a few pictures of the girls, building silly hats! Have a great weekend!

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."- Isaiah 43:1

1 comment:

  1. I like those hats. Pretty neat and Mr. JJ is sharing, I see.

    ReplyDelete