Our Journey Home

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Catching up


I know it's only been a few days, but I feel like I've fallen a bit behind on blogging! wink. Our blog is almost like my journal entry, and while I truly enjoy sharing our stories with you- I also love keeping a record of God's blessings, lessons we have learned, and simple every day memories, so that one day, our children can read all about it. So, in an attempt to do a little catching up...

This year, our Papa and Nana came to stay with us and spend their Labor Day weekend at our house. We had LOTS of fun! We went to the Marbles museum in Raleigh, we got ice-cream at Sweet Spoons, we went shopping, David and I slipped away for a date night (oh, it was SO wonderful!), we played on the swingset, we watched The Lorax, we ate some great food... we enjoyed every minute together! Papa and Nana arrived last Friday and they left on Monday afternoon. The time just flew by! I need to ask Nana for copies of some of her pictures, but here are my favorites from the pictures that I snapped over the weekend:




On Tuesday morning, Bella had another dentist appointment. *gulp* I honestly cringed when I remembered that her appointment was this week. But guess what? No cavities! Praise the Lord! I was praying and praying on our way to the dentist, that God would give Bella a peace and a comfort for this appointment. And not only did God give Bella the sweet comfort that she needed (she didn't even cry when the nurse called her name this time!) but He blessed us with a happy happy dental visit! Hooray!

And today, it's Wednesday, the first night of our fall discipleship classes. I can't believe it! Wubs is thrilled to be going to her new 2nd grade classroom tonight, and Bella is very excited about her new preschool class too! This year, I am going to multi-task a bit, and after I get my nursery classrooms all situated, I'm going to slip upstairs to lead the praise and worship for David's grade -schoolers in 3rd through 5th grade. I have been practicing and practicing the songs and the dances. (And I realized that I am out of shape! wink.) I am looking forward to this new opportunity!

 ps- I am going to include a  picture of my latest cake order! Angelia, a sweet, sweet ten year old celebrated her birthday this weekend with a zebra cake! She specifically asked for a large letter 'A' with zebra print, hot pink, and hearts. I tried my best to incorporate all her requests, and I also made some goodie bags of cookies for her slumber party guests. Thank you, Jenny, for allowing me to be a small part of your daughter's special day!
"For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace."- 1 Corinthians 14:33

No comments:

Post a Comment