Our Journey Home

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Homeschool Update

It has been a while since I have written about homeschooling. We continue to love our time learning together! (Sometimes, I don't know who is learning more, the girls or mommy. I must have been seriously dreaming during class when I was a littler girl! wink.) One thing that I have been doing with Bella is pictured above. When Bella learns how to write her letters, I model writing the letter and then she practices. After she has completed her handwriting, instead of 'correcting' her work, instead I ask, "Which capital letter A is your favorite?" or "Which lower-case d is your favorite?". She gets to circle to 'favorites' (her very best letters) and I will say something like, "OOooh! I would have picked that letter A, too. I like the way it touches the top line and the bottom line." Bella loves picking her favorite letters using mommy's special red pen!
Emma Grace still loves reading, anything craft related, and in math, she loves making up her own story problems. (I have to try so hard not to giggle, though, because her story problems are so elaborate!) We are loving our new Bible curriculum from church, and our daily chapter from our missionaries story book. Emma Grace and JJ and I go to the library every week during Bella's ballet lesson, so we are exploring lots of different books and subjects!
I continue to praise God for the opportunity to be home with our children!

ps- And JJ stays plenty busy during homeschool time as well! If he isn't napping he's doing something like this:


"But I said, "I have labored to no purpose; I have spent my strength in vain and for nothing. Yet what is due me is in the Lord's hand, and reward is with my God."- Isaiah 49:4

No comments:

Post a Comment