Our Journey Home

Monday, September 24, 2012

more baking adventures

 David and I love our new routine on 'cake nights'. We both feel super productive! wink! While I'm busy in the kitchen, David is busy studying, writing papers, or working on household projects. It is fun to be up late together! This weekend, the Lord blessed me with three orders for Sweets by Sarah Jane.  I had one order for Friday:
 
This cake was for a nine year old girl who was celebrating her big day with a party at the go-cart track! I tried to match this cake to her party supplies. The inside of the cake was swirled pink, orange, brown, and teal.
 This birthday cake was for Trent, a sweet six year old boy who loves Power Rangers! The inside was swirled blue, red and green! Below are the cookie goodie bags for all his party guests.

This cookie was ordered as a special treat for a family who had company in town.  Aaaah, I am so excited for fall!
 
 
One thing I have enjoyed most of all about Sweets by Sarah Jane is praying for the recipients of the cakes and cookies. I know that God can use anything (including a birthday cake, wink) for His glory!  I have been praying before I bake an order, while I'm baking and decorating, and I always thank God when I've completed the project. (I am literally talking outloud to God! In fact, while I was making the Power Rangers cake, I was laughing and saying, "God, I know that only You could be making this cake because I don't even know what Power Rangers are! Thank you for helping me. I could not do this without You. " ha ha! I have A LOT to learn about little boys before JJ gets older. ) I know that is only because of Him that I am given these opportunities, and these abilities; I want to give Him all the praise. It's all about Him!
 
"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."- Acts 20:24

2 comments: